Kauai Makerspace is a 501c3 non-profit corporation. Memberships are voluntary and $20/month. Member benefits include borrowing equipment for offsite use, commercial or non-commercial. Active volunteers are granted membership benefits w/o monthly fee.
Monthly Membership Enrollment
What is a Makerspace?
- A community-operated workspace where people with common interests, often in computers, machining, technology, science, or electronics, can meet, socialize and collaborate.
- Member supported and operated
- State of the art tools and equipment
- Complete training program for safety and asset protection
- Collaborative workspace with community outreach programs to broaden skill sets with imaginations
- Network of experts from all backgrounds to help foster ideas
Current Meetups and Space
Kapaa Library Outreach Center:
The Kapaa Library Outreach Center is free and available to all with a HSPLS library card. All work at the library space is limited to non-commercial work. Users are responsible for their material costs. We currently support the following at the Kapaa Outreach center:
- Open workspace, Tuesdays 2-8pm
- 3D Printers
- Sewing Machines
- Janome 128 sewing machine
- Brother sewing machine
- Computer workstations for 3D printing, electronics and computer programming
- Electronics small parts, including
- Introduction and safety training for equipment use
- Monthly build night or presentation
- Volunteer coordination and facilitation – share your knowledge!
Kauai Beer Company Cheers
On the third Friday of each month, members drop in at the Kauai Beer Company to talk story, show off builds and drink to fellowship. 7 – 9pm, check out our meetup calendar to see who is going each month. This is a organic, spontaneous gathering and all are welcome to socialize.
Westside 3D Printer Meetup
On the second Tuesday of each month, 3D printing enthusiasts can join the focus group on the Westside to share tips and tricks. 7 – 9 pm at Ray’s shop, 8257 Kekaha Rd in Kekaha, across the street from the Kekaha credit union. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
First Saturday in Kapaa Old Town
Kauai Makerspace hosts a booth at the Kapaa Art Night, on the first Saturday of each month, 4 – 10 pm. Located on Kukui street, next to the First Hawaiian Bank. The booth serves 3 purposes: community outreach, build exhibitions and product test-marketing. Our typical setup includes 2 tents, tables and electricity. Sales revenue are split between the individual members and Kauai Makerspace. Please contact if interested at least one week prior to event.
Honolulu Mini Maker Faire
Every year the makers communities of Hawaii come together and put on a show and tell for the state. Kauai Makerspace joins the fun and represents our island. This years faire will be June 24, 2017 at the Sullivan Center for Innovation and Leadership at ‘Iolani School in Honolulu. Stop by our booth and talk story of you are in Oahu that day! https://makerfairehonolulu.com